samedi 27 septembre 2014

RS The Flamethrower, the Demotrap and reinforcement issue

I'm truly inconvenient with Rising Storm and its balance. Yes, I heard it the first time: "Asymetrical Warfare!"



It's historically accurate the Americans utilize flamethrowers. Nothing against that. BUT 1) the flames still manage to go through concrete, flaming the wall should result in suicide and personally I'd love to see the flames kill some other Americans as this player needs a tempban for exploiting this "feature" in the first place.

2) the flamethrower can't be picked up. Yes I know there shall not be too many flamethrowers, yet you completely deny the revenge on the Americans by shooting a flamethrower and turning it against their previous owners.

3) if it is meant to keep flamethrowers limited I ask myself why it was possible for me to gun down 4 flamethrowers in less than a 1min on Saipan defending the mill objective?





As the Americans are allowed to field such a large quantity of flamethrowers, I wonder why the Japanese are only allowed to setup two demotraps at a time. Yes, the ones you already put in place simply vanish as you decide to setup the 3rd one. At first I believed that they have already been triggered but I didn't recall a kill message. It took me a bit to realize that they magically vanish. How realistic ... :rolleyes:

Personally I'd say that Japanese should be able to plaster the entire map with demotraps as the Americans can use so many flamethrowers.



And there is another downside of this wonderful demotrap. Atmospheric map artillery often destroys them and gives way to the green swarm. Sometimes I am asking myself if this happened deliberately.



I know that the Americans fielded a lot more men than the Empire of Japan but then something needs to be done map-wise. Open up windows and rooms so the Japanese can shoot the Americans more easily.

I'm currently mapping more rooms and windows into TE-Apartments and this is something all Rising Storm maps need, more fire opportunities.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire