mercredi 24 septembre 2014

RO2 Giving up. PB finally got me.

Well, after all these years, PunkBuster finally caught up with me.



I have been crafty. I thought that installing the original game, playing on protected servers, not installing any strange binaries, etc. would keep it off my trail but PunkBuster knew better.

Oh I did try to reinstall it, reinitialise it, etc. But it was wise to my ruses. It saw through the smoke. And I think it made it angry.



Now it finally caught up with me and has now denied me any RO online games. PunkBusterB has gotten mad, you see.



So I have to give up. I suppose I'll have to agree to whatever PB tells me, or else it'll randomly kill other online games.



So RO is over for me after many years.



I don't know exactly why, but there must be a reason. Because PB knows all.



I'm sure it's because I got a SSD. Or maybe it's because my Windows partition only has Steam on it. Maybe PB got lonely. Maybe it wants out of the little SSD and to roam on the TB of the Linux sides of my machine.

Maybe PunkBuster finally got sentient.

And it's after us.



It's after me at least. I know it's decided I can't play *my* game.



Maybe some day it'll come after you. Maybe by then it'll be too late.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire