dimanche 28 septembre 2014

[Fix] Issues with Latest Patch (and how I fixed them)

TL/DR fix version: Uninstall your game and delete all the crap you downloaded for the game. Everything. Even the Hello Kitty Hats. After that, re-install, maybe do a defrag in-between. If it works, buy a copy of KF as Ramm needs the gas money.



Normal version:



I started the game after grabbing the patch and had a few issues:



Took five minutes to get the splash screen

Game paused for 3 minutes while loading a map

Ping was in the 400's

FPS was 11 (yes, 11)



I went searching for answers and I found a post by CaF Jack where he said the issues he experienced were similar and they had similarities to running the IoM mod.



That got me to think of all the things I have downloaded throughout the time I have played the game. (patches, maps, texture files, mods, etc.)



So I uninstalled RO (since first installing at launch) and then proceeded to delete every folder attached to RO. Absolutely everything went.



I then defragged my drive (not sure if this helped, your mileage may vary).



Then I installed the game fresh.



Afterwards:



Game takes about 45 seconds to get to the splash screen

game pauses for about 3 seconds on map load

ping was still 400 ?!?!

fps was 55-60 (like it normally was).



So now the ping issue...



I tried a few things, but what worked was to unsubscribe to all the maps in the community workshop. For some reason, they were causing a real drag on my connection while in game and in the server browser.



Afterwords:



I have a normal ping in the server browser

and about an extra 20 ms in game. (not that noticeable, basically normal)



To summarize, I uninstalled and got rid of years (gigs) worth of useless files, that probably were conflicting, and turned off a serious drain on my connection. Simple, brilliant; send donuts.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire