mercredi 7 juin 2017

Vietnamese VA is very poor

I am half Vietnamese and even though I don't speak Vietnamese I've been around family members who speak it fluently and I know how it sounds. When playing RS2 I've noticed the VC pronunciations and intonations sounded VERY strange, and it really bothered me. But I wasn't an expert so I asked a more fluent friend to translate some lines. This is what he had to say.

Finally had a chance to mess around with the character voices today. Unfortunately, the VC commander's voice acting is atrocious. The scout, sapper, and commander all appear to share the same voice acting and almost all of their pronunciations and accents are way off. Since Vietnamese is so heavily dependent on accents, it was really hard to understand what the voices were saying but I've managed to translate a few along with the Vietnamese text.
Attack
"Cho chúng ăn kẹo bánh độc!" = Let's feed them poisonous candy/cookies/sweets! (LOL)
"Tấn công! Trả thù cho các đồng đội của chúng ta hy sinh!" = Attack! Let's avenge our comrades' sacrifice!
"Tổn hại chúng!" = Damage them! (a more literal translation but this one took me ****ing forever because the voice actor's accents were way off)
Taunt
"Mày sẽ sớm trở thành bóng ma của xác chết!" = You will soon become a ghost for your corpse!
"Mày nghĩ mày rất khôn ngoan với máy bay trực thăng và công nghệ của mày nhưng chúng ta sẽ đánh bại chúng mày." = You think your helicopters and technology make you better, but we will still defeat you!
"Tao phỉ nhổ vào mày và tổ tiên của mày." = I spit at you and your ancestors!
"Tao sẽ trở thành dũng sĩ giết Mỹ sau khi đánh bại hết tất cả chúng mày!" = I'll become an American-killing hero after I defeat you all!
If you want to hear how this sounds in Vietnamese, just copy/paste into http://ift.tt/2r4j9r9and hit the box that says [Đọc] (read) at the bottom. It will be read as a very broken sentence so if you read them with minimal pauses in between it will sound better.
Please upgrade the Vietnamese voice acting if possible.


Vietnamese VA is very poor

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire