jeudi 22 juin 2017

Poor performance, AA Issues, pop-in and low SLI usage

Hello, long time fan of TWI games and I took part in the beta tests for RS2:V to be honest quite disappointed that so many performance issues have slipped through the alpha/beta despite being reported. At this point, the game is unplayable for me. In any case, my problems boil down to these issues;

1. Performance. I am getting sub 30fps (never above 40fps) at times regardless of Ultra-Low settings!
My rig is as follows;

2x EVGA 970 SC ACX 2.0 in SLI
1700x Ryzen AMD
16gb DDR4 @ 2133mhz
RS2:V is installed on a Samsung Polaris NVMe M.2

I had similar performance which I reported during the beta (except the last phase it ran great!) but ironically it ran more consistently on my old i5 2500k on a single 970. My brother also reports poor sub 30fps performance (and this is on all maps), again regardless of settings, on a similar setup except with a Ryzen 1600x / single 1060 GTX. I would expect from an Unreal Engine 3.5 based game to have a stable 60 fps, only dipping during intense combat on this kind of setup.

2. AA - or lack thereof, I have practically no AA or extremely poor AA (especially noticeable at distance) with FXAA on ultra. I have tried creating a new profile in NvInspector, NV control panel, using the Killing Floor 2 / RS 2 profile with VN executable. I have tried forcing SMAA/MSAAx8 through global/profile/NV Inspector settings and turning off in-game AA. Nope, nothing works.

3. SLI, same as above. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't (I have it currently forced to use AFR2) and has a variable impact on performance. In the last beta before going live I was getting excellent performance (constant 60 / ultra) with both cards working as intended.I have followed various guides on Steam/Reddit and this forum but no joy.

4. Despite having super dynamic resolution enabled upto 4k Vietnam only picks up 1080x1920.

5. Pop in - since the patches this week the pop in has become ridiculous. Literally, things popping a handful of metres away from me. Again my brother is having the same issue. It's particularly bad on foliage with low poly/resolution quickly turn high and back as I look around.

6. Steam Overlay / FPS / Afterburner OSD only works some of the time.

7. Hit reg feels really off, could be the poor performance I am having but I feel that there's a significant delay between me clicking and my weapon firing.

8. Sound quality is low and isn't outputting to surround. I have a 5.1 surround headset and I've tried forcing 3d sound via the SoundBlaster control panel but it's not working.





Poor performance, AA Issues, pop-in and low SLI usage

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire