mardi 2 décembre 2014

RO2 Wind Actor Tweaks

I added a foliage layer to one of my terrain layers which I attached a "sparse grass" static mesh to. Looks pretty good and hasn't seemed to affected FPS much if at all. I wanted to get a little sway in the grass similar to the Demyansk map so I added a WindActor. Toned down the breeze setting to .5 and it looked GREAT!



The problem I encountered though, was that it affected ALL Foliage on the map. This includes fallen trees which "wiggle" on the ground for no reason and some of the ivy meshes I have crawling up walls, the ivy now sways back and forth on the wall and looks completely unnatural. I looked for a setting in each foliage mesh to disable the sway and could not find anything. I tried replacing the Static Mesh Actor with an InterpActor and had same problem. So I had to disable the Wind Actor for the time being. Is anyone familiar with this asset? I have checked the UDK Tutorials and the Epic forums without a solution. Is the Wind Actor "All of Nothing" when it comes to affecting Foliage?



Also has anyone had performance issues related to the Wind Actor? If the Frames are going to take a hit, I will simply disable it and move on as it is not worth it.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire