mercredi 5 août 2015

Weapon Sidegrades and Comfort Upgrades

Hey folks, I'm pretty new to the forums but I had an idea that might be fun to implement. I've seen a couple of old posts about weapon sidegrades such as new scope options and flashlights being purchasable from the trader, and think that might be an interesting avenue to explore more of.
There are a ton of quality of life improvements that can be made, such as new scopes such as a red-dot sight or 2x sight vs a 4x sight, or even new reticles for said scopes. I know that some of the sights really bug me in KF1, and I've heard a lot of complaining about it. However, I think this idea can be expanded on, and these upgrades can really change how the game could be played from a tactical standpoint as well as a player comfort standpoint.
I know I play the support most in KF2 so I'll use that as an example. I was thinking that dosh could be spent on upgrades for various weapons, such as a laser sight for the hunting shotgun. It wouldn't have any in-game effects such as reduced pellet spread, but it would increase the confidence of hip-firing and could lead to a more reliable "run and gun" scenario. Another example could be ammo types, such as buckshot or slugs. If the M4 could have the option of firing a high damage slug instead of a series of pellets, it gives more of a high risk/ high reward playstyle, and allow the support more range. Taking the ammo idea down a different route, there could be cryo rounds that slow zeds a little, or acidic rounds that have a DoT effect. Every gun could have different sidegrades available to them, and some not available of various weapons for balancing reasons. I don't have too many hours playing other classes other than support, especially playing on higher difficulties than hard so I don't have any decent suggestions for them yet, although a laser sight for the boomstick-sledge would be hilarious.
Now, maybe its just that without all the implemented classes and weapons I'm looking for more complexity that will be implemented later or in different ways, but I think this could be a really fun addition to the game. It will drastically change gameplay and tactica, and I don't know if the devs want that in this game though. There are arguments for both sides, and I'm curious to hear what people think on it.
Oh, if there is already a sticky or master thread for this topic already point me in the right direction and I'll toss this post over there and delete this one.


Weapon Sidegrades and Comfort Upgrades

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire