vendredi 23 janvier 2015

Question about parrying

While I don't have the source on me, I recall hearing at one point that "all enemy attacks can be parried" (I'm guessing this implies physical attacks and not projectiles). I think there was a few of us that became a little concerned about the idea that this could get abused and everyone would just parry all attacks until the cows came home.



But then I realized, if that's the case, would TWI adjust the frame duration of an attack that a player can parry? For instance, when a low-tier enemy like a Cyst is about to deliver a mild attack, the player can afford to take the risk to parry because there'll be a (for example) a 1 second window...and if he fails, it wouldn't be lethal anyways.



And by the same token, if an FP dashing down a corridor at full speed is ready to one-hit kill anything in his path, the player will have to decide if he's willing to parry an attack that has only (for example again) a 0.1 second opening...and if he fails, that would cost him dearly.



I'm sure details like this will be fine-tuned in EA but it makes me feel better realizing that there's options to make parrying fun and useful while not abused into the ground.




Spoiler!









Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire